Visit Metsovo, a small traditional town of exquisite beauty with grand mansions and stone-paved streets. Built in a strategic location amidst the breathtaking setting of the Pindos range, Metsovo is the ideal place to relax, or even enjoy an action-packed holiday!
Pindos ski centres are a hive of outdoor activities, such as downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding!
In the wider area, experience a pure adrenaline rush: hike marked trails, go for kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking, and follow mountain routes riding off-road!
Spend a romantic evening visiting the Averoff Art Gallery, and tasting traditional culinary delights accompanied with fine local wine!
– The church of Aghia Paraskevi (15th century).
– The statue of Evangelos Averof.
– The Evangelos Averof Gallery, which contains paintings and sculptures by famous Greek artists.
– The Michail Tositsa mansion, which houses the Museum of Popular Art.
– The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, with the frescos by painter Efstathios, from the 17th century.
– The “Diaselo” Convention Centre. Metsovo has an exceptionally organized infrastructure for conference organization and periodic exhibitions.
– The Averof distillery.
– The Averof Garden, with the church of Aghios Georgios.
– The Monastery of Panagia (17th century), with the renovated water mill Gina.
– The dam and artificial lake of the Aoos springs.
– The village Anilio just few meters from Metsovo
– The village of Anthohori, 13 km. SW, with its Museum of hydrokinetics.
– The Pindos ski resorts, at “Karakoli”, “Profitis Ilias” and “Zigos”.
Distances and routes to Metsovo
– Athens – Metsovo (via Trikala): Distance: 415 klm
Time: approx. 5 hours
– Thessaloniki – Metsovo (via Veroia – Grevena – Milea): Distance: 250 klm
Time: approx. 2½ hours
– Ioannina – Metsovo: Distance: 55 klm Time: 1 hour
Trikala – Metsovo: Distance 90 klm Time: 1½ hours
By Bus (KTEL)
– Athens – Ioannina with transfer to Metsovo,
KTEL IOANNINON tel. +30 26510-26286
– Athens – Metsovo direct (summer months),
for information call KTEL in Athens, tel.+30 210-5129363
There are flights to Ioannina from Athens and Thessaloniki
Ioannina Airport: tel. +30 26510-26218, 26518